The new OCA reporting requirements for your courts goes into effect for your September 2011 report.
Follow these steps below to be sure that you’re ready!
- Complete your August 2011 report. We don’t want to change any of your codes until you have turned in your August data.
- Download and install August 18a HCSS Court update or newer
- Switch to new report – Go to OCA Monthly State Report and click on the button in the upper left hand corner of the screen to switch to the new report. You can do this before you are ready to run your September report, but only after you have completed your August 2011 report.
- Click on help button on OCA Monthly State Report and review HCSS help pages and videos. You can also view the help pages and videos at http://help.hillcountrysoftware.com
- Update Court info. (Help pages – page 1)
- Review the difference between Active/Inactive and Pending/Closed and how to designate a case Inactive. (Help pages – pages 2 and 3)
- Update subset groups on offense codes. See OCA list of how DPS offenses codes are categorized if you are unsure of a subset group. (Help pages – pages 2 and 3)
- Update disposition codes. Most of these should be correct, but you will want to review them just in case. (Help pages – pages 2 and 3)
- Create new offense code for Possession of Drug Paraphernalia – Juvenile if necessary (Help pages – page 4)
- Be sure you are using the Adult/Juvenile switch on cause screen (Help pages – page 4)
- Review new proceeding options on note records (Help pages – page 5)
- Be sure you are using receipts to show Community Service. The new reports requires reporting of cases fully or partially satisfied by community service and this is how we track this. (Help pages – page 5)
- Call HCSS if you have any questions!